When we were shopping last weekend, I over heard some Lowe's employees discussing how Memorial Day has joined all the other holidays in becoming a commercialized holiday with all the big sales that are held over the weekend. While this is true, I think as with everything else it is all in how you look at it. Do you focus on the day off and the big sales or do you focus on the day off to enjoy family and friends and to celebrate the freedoms that we have to enjoy family and friends because of those who served. It can be said that we enjoyed our family and the freedoms we have to freely gather together. We are thankful for those that served and do serve our country. Joey wrote a tribute to his grandfather and his service to his family and his country. Both of our grandfathers loved their families dearly and served their country. While reading his post, I realized that both of our grandfathers passed away the same week, in different years. I never met his Grandad, and he never met Gurr. I know we both wished we could have, and I know they are both watching over us from heaven above.
Early this week, I posted how we spent the first part of the Memorial day weekend. We continued spending time with family on Monday when Bill, Donna, Granny, Jeff, Tami and Cody came to spend the day with us. Everyone had a great time being entertained by Keaton; he is quite entertaining these days. We also enjoyed a wonderful meal together and visiting with each other.
 |
| Cody and Keaton having a good time! |
 |
| All smiles! |
 |
| Keaton watching Cody play Wii. I love how Cody has a Will remote in each hand, and Keaton has a ball in each hand. As you can see it was also nap time for those on the couch. |
2 comments:
FUN DAY! Thanks for the delicious lunch!!!
We had a good time! Playing with Keaton must have worn Granny and Jeff completely out!
Post a Comment